Beauty and Imagination

“Beauty awakens the soul to act.”
Dante Alighieri

This quote came to mind when I watched this music video of a violinist dancing along the coast of New Zealand and playing her own medley of music from Lord of the Rings. Since beauty not only awakens the soul to act, but also to imagine and to create, I thought this video was worth sharing. I hope it will spark some imagination in you!

(If you’re viewing this post as an email subscriber or receiving it in a feed reader, you may have to click through to the blog to view the video).

Isn’t that inspiring?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Beauty and Imagination

1. L.M. Sherwin says:

AHHH! So cool! Thanks for sharing this video! Very inspiring. πŸ™‚

2. Ah yes, Lindsey Stirling! She does fun videos. I prefer her Zelda medley, but that may be because I heard the music nonstop when my brother first got the game in the late 90’s. I’m not sure it’s that inspiring to creativity–the music evokes Lord of the Rings–I find that original music inspires me more, at least when it comes to instrumental things.

I love the creativity demonstrated in the filming, costumes, and music (even if Lindsey is creating a medley from other songs).

It’s interesting to hear what inspires and doesn’t inspire others. For me, if I see something beautiful or intriguing, it makes me want to write. Not that I would listen to this music while writing, but that it puts me in the mood for writing. But original music is great too! πŸ™‚

3. Love it! I want to go to New Zealand…or be an elf princess πŸ™‚

4. Maria Tatham says:

Thanks, Sarah, for offering us inspiration in various forms! I especially like this quote of Dante’s, which is new to me.
    Bless you!
    Maria

You’re welcome! The Dante quote has stuck with me for a while, and it got pulled to the surface again when I saw this.

5. Jenny Miller says:

I’m glad I stopped by your website. That was a great video. Georgeous music, georgeous landscape. And as a violinist (I’m not anywhere near as good as she) I’m impressed she can sound that good while jumping around like that. I certainly can’t!

Jenny, thanks for dropping in! I agree that it was an impressive video. I love seeing demonstrations of creativity like that. πŸ™‚